In each country, each population has its traditions, lifestyles and languages. This is a brand representing its value and culture and that is what differentiates every country around the world.
Clothing is one of the criteria found in a country's culture. The patterns, the length, the arrangement, the colors, in short, all the details matter since everything has a meaning. Through a trip or a simple search on the internet, one can discover many traditional costumes. Both beautiful and valiant.
Top traditional costumes around the world
Traditional outfits can tell a lot about not only the cultural but also the historical aspect of a country. Through the list presented below, one can realize that other populations from the four corners of the world live differently:
- The Japanese kimono: emblem of Japan, this colorful satin, self or woolen outfit is a sign of elegance and respect for Japanese customs. They are to be worn only during special events such as weddings.
- The kilt: traditional clothing worn by Scottish men. A woven wool fabric skirt with knee length and checked patterns, this outfit dates from the 16th century. Also worn during special occasions, this costume is historical.
- The sari of India: worn by women living in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Iran, it is designed with a single fabric of 5 to 6 m in length. It can still be worn every day with a petticoat or tight bodice.
- The boubou of Africa: this outfit worn by men as women, is like a full-length tunic. Existing since the fifth century, men wear it with pants and a shirt while women with a scarf of the same material and design tied round the head.
- The Mayans: this traditional dress of women in Central America is made, of course, or skirt and a huipil or an embroidered shirt. Women living in Guatemala and Yucatan wear them similarly, however, colors and accessories are different.
Traditional clothes which are quite rare
At the top, traditional clothing highlights the culture and traditions of all ethnicities. They strengthen the cultural identity of a country because it reflects history and respect for the traditions of the people.
Even if some appear eccentric like the Evzone costume worn by the guards of the Greek parliament, this is of great importance to the country. The pontifical Swiss guard also made people laugh with their striped pants, sober colors with a skirt. The costume of Gilles in Belgium during the carnival is probably funny because it is mandatory to disguise himself in Gilles.
Unlike clothing cultures
Nothing is better than to discover with your own eyes these different costumes. Moreover, for that, the online travel agency Opodo will inform you about all the places where you can discover these clothes: https://www.opodo-travel-guide.com/.
All you have to do is visit the site and find the best rates. All sorts of services can be found on the site such as plane tickets, hotel reservations and all information you need about your cultural trip. Opodo' customer service is available at any time and will be happy to answer all your questions.